01 Dec Awesome Ideas for Clutter-Free Gifts
The holidays truly are my favorite time of the year. I love the lights, the tree, the family time.
But like many of you, I can easily get overwhelmed by the stuff.
So today I’d like to help you break the holiday stuff cycle and add more joy back into the holidays. I recently had the pleasure of being a guest on Cocktails & Containers, a podcast and YouTube channel run by lovely friend Christy Lingo.
(If you can’t tell from the title, this is a show all about delicious drinks and tidy spaces, two things that get me very excited!)
Like me, Christy is passionate about celebrations that are more about the memories… and less about the stuff. So we got together with Emily Rooney, the kick-butt blogger behind Happy Organized Life, to sip some holiday cocktails and talk about how the three of us create meaningful holidays without all the stuff. I hope our ideas are helpful to you!
In this video, we talk about:
- How Emily and I both became minimalists… even though we weren’t raised that way.
- Two gift-giving mantras that will help you broach the “less gifts” talk with your family
- How to break the cycle of showing love by giving gifts
- How a holiday bucket list can take the focus off presents and increase the holiday joy!
- The best clutter-free gift ideas for everyone on your list 🙂
- Top tips for how to get started on your decluttering journey, even if you’re a total minimalism newbie
Watch and enjoy!
I certainly hope that video inspires you to pursue a less-is-more approach to the holidays this year!
As always, cheers to less stuff and more you!
PS Need some inspiration to start your own minimalist journey? Check out my FREE minimalist starter guide below!